Shopping cart


Home
History - Beginnings
History - 1907
History - 1907/1908
History 1909-1919
History - Roaring Twenties
History - 30s & 40s
History - 50s & 60s
Featured Attractions
Riverview News
Riverview Memories
Merchandise For Sale
Contact Us
About Us
 
Double Whirl ride

The Double Whirl ride was introduced at Riverview in the 1906 season. It was a locally produced product, being made by the Double Whirl Manufacturing Company of Chicago. It consisted of SIX Ferris Wheels that rotated around a central pole, while the Ferris Wheels rotated vertically at the same time. Each Wheel had six benches that could accommodate two people, so the ride in total could hold 72 people.
The rights to manufacture the ride were apparently later obtained by C. W. Parker, a noted builder of Carousels, Ferris Wheels, and other carnival rides. Parker's main factory closed in 1926, with various Parker products continuing to be manufactured by Paul Parker until 1955.
 
Sharpshooters Productions, Inc.

Privacy Policy/Terms of Service
Merchant policy

Copyright 2000-2014 by Sharpshooters Productions, Inc. Please obtain written permission to use any content on this page.